The summer is in full swing and I bet you are trying to figure out how to fill your free time with fun activities. Although the old staples like hosting a BBQ or going out for ice cream are always fun, try something different this July that does not revolve around consuming food. Check out a few alternative ideas to eating that you can take part in this summer:
- Take a Walk – Around the neighborhood, along the beach or up a mountain. The options are endless! If you are on campus, try walking the Mindful Mile.
- Ride your Bike – Safety first, always wear a helmet!
- Go for a Swim – Whether it is in a pool, the ocean or a lake there are numerous options around Massachusetts!
- Go Produce Picking – Visit a local farm near you! The MassGrown Map can point you in the right direction.
- Plant a Garden – It may be hard work now, but it will pay off come the fall!
- Visit a State Park – Check out the state parks located in Massachusetts!
When you choose these activities you will get a daily dose of physical activity and enjoy spending time with your friends and family! What are your favorite summer activities that do not revolve around food?