Hummus is a delicious and nutritious snack. Packed with protein and fiber, this snack will keep you feeling full in between meals. Chickpeas, also known as garbanzo beans, are one of the main ingredients in hummus.
They are a great addition to any diet, as they are a plant-based protein. This means they are lower in fat to keep your heart healthy and your body feeling satisfied. Plus they are high in fiber to increase your feeling of fullness, contain iron which carries oxygen in the blood to your organs and they have potassium which helps regular fluids in the body and helps maintain normal blood pressure.
- 1/2 cup original hummus
- 1/4 cup diced cucumbers
- 1/4 cup diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons feta cheese
- Veggie sticks
- Layer hummus on the bottom of a shallow dish.
- Layer cucumbers on top of hummus.
- Place tomatoes on top of cucumbers.
- Sprinkle with crumbled feta cheese.
- Enjoy with your choice of vegetable sticks.